Peace Learning Circles School
Greater Gatineau is a Peace Learning Circles School. We follow the PLC program, wherein the goal is to develop a positive environment that promotes human growth and learning. Throughout the year, staff members will use PLC activities to help build a learning community. Students will learn to use specific collaborative skills and engage in positive interaction in a safe and caring environment.
All staff members, students and parents are asked to follow the Peace Agreements in all aspects of school life. The four agreements are as follows: Mutual Respect, Listening, Appreciations, and Participation.
- Mutual Respect
- Showing respect for all people.
- Showing respect for other people’s belongings.
- Showing respect for the environment.
- Playing in a safe manner.
- Speaking to others in an appropriate manner.
- Encourage and compliment others (no put downs)
- Be kind and helpful to those around you.
- Listen to others and wait your turn before speaking.
- Make eye contact with the person who is speaking.
- Use appropriate body language.
- Give your best effort at all times.
- Work together in teams.
- You have the right to pass if you do not feel comfortable/safe.
Bullying Prevention Program
Greater Gatineau School has a strong Anti-Bullying & Violence Prevention Program (ABVP). This program helps to make school a safer, more positive learning environment.
All Students Will Follow These Four Anti-Bullying Rules:
- We Help
- We Include
- We Tell
- Don’t Bully
Consequences For Not Following School Rules
- Think sheet
- Mindful Moment
- Eating away from peers
- Time-out or loss of play privileges
- Phone call home
- Suspension (School or bus)